I've added two links to the resources section related to very short fiction submissions, which we discussed last WN as a fun challenge to practice writing and editing good tight stories without too much time invested. Feel free to add any others with... prizmo!
www.365tomorrows.com provides a story every day, in the science fiction genre. The fiction is contributed by a team of writers as well as community submissions. I've had fun reading a few fascinating and original stories, and I would love to submit a story at some stage. :)
waxings.wordpress.com offers writing resources, articles and interviews, but also a 500 word fiction/poetry competition every month. The winner receives a book of Waxing's choice. This site appealed to me because it's local and the creators attended the Emerging Writer's Festival [annually in May/June], which I missed this year. Could be nice to get involved and meet up with people at next year's festival!
~ Melinda
No comments:
Post a Comment